Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Montessori At Last!



Okay, so Kambria has been asking me sense Baylee started school if it was her school day yet. So Monday night when I told her school is tomarrow she was thrilled and got her backpack all set out. Then she comes into my room at 6:00am fully dressed in her school clothes and says "mom, I'm ready for school" and then falls asleep at the end of the bed for another hour. After I did her hair in some tight curls to look cute for the first day, she later noticed herself in the mirror and said "I look like George Washington" --where did that come from--I guess GW had tight curls,too. Anyway, it was an exciting first day of Montessori for her and Baylee. Baylee reported that she is going to challenge herself in Montessori 'cause kindergarten is too easy. Kambria felt special getting to stay at Montessori a half hour longer, since Baylee catches the bus early,--and she couldn't stop talking about how she was "specially" chosen on the first day to take the snack basket home. oh, the simple pleasures. Dave and I were chuckling the other night about the dominating dinner conversations of our 2 school goers. --just one in particular --Baylee has a spanish girl that rides her bus to kindergarten. Baylee heard her speak spanish (she thinks) and decided she wanted to speak spanish to her too. So, she says she gets on the bus and says "Ola" "Como Esteh"-only the girl never responds. But, Baylee keeps trying. Then one day the spanish girl waved to her on the bus, and another time she got Baylee's backpack that was left on the bus. so I guess the friendship is budding. Only, maybe she doesn't speak spanish.

Anyway, our little Lydia feels a little left out in the backpack department, so today when she was saying "packpack, packpack" I found one in the closet her size and she drug it around all day.

1 comment:

Amy merrill said...

OK I love it! Lydias pack pack and Baylee's spanish friend on the bus who probably speaks navajo and Kambria looking like George Washington. They make me laugh and I need it, thanks! I am glad to be back in Montessori also and very pleased to have Baylee and Kami who are model students for the new ones. I have a very young class this year and am so grateful for the few who know just what to do! Love ya , AMY