So I was contemplating how blessed I am and what a great year it has been. My kids are growing up so fast, and sometimes I don't fully appreciate life unless I stop and look back at all that has happened and all that I have enjoyed. Though I haven't written my new years resolutions, my goal was to make December a meaningful month full of meaningful activities and remembering the Christmas spirit. With great expectations, however, days roll by so quickly and not all my lofty goals actually happen. But, we have managed to do some wonderful things. Sometimes those wonderful things were simple, like snuggling with my children and reading stories of Christmas, being reminded of child like faith & love, or when my kids decided they wanted to suprise mom with acts of service. The fun thing about girls is they get these high pitched excited voices when they get to add decorations to the house, or bows on packages,when playing with baby Jesus in the manger, or when they get to make a delivery.
Luckily, We have had only one fatality with the porcelain Nativity. Baylee calls me on my cell phone to say "MOM! Something horrible happened. I was playing with the baby Jesus and I accidently dropped it and the head broke off." I consolded her devistation and laughed when I got off the phone - grateful it wasn't a real emergency.
No comments:
Post a Comment