Thursday, February 27, 2014
COLTON RANDALL BOWMAN is born 8/13/13
What a special day. Everything went smoothly as far as the scheduled c-section. Nana, Amy, and Chelsey helped with the kids at home. Dave was with me the whole time. Besides the fact that I hate getting anesthesia, having my body all numb, and panicking because I can't breath, it seemed to be my easiest surgery yet. My favorite part is getting to here Colton first cry and then seeing his chubby face right when he comes out. I looked over at him and am overcome with joy. There is nothing like it.. realizing this live baby just came out of your belly and overjoyed that he is just an adorable healthy baby boy. I just treasure every moment of that experience. For the next couple of days I just held my little babes and enjoyed snuggling and feeding him in the hospital. No house to tend and food served to me. It was kind of great! It took a day for the nurses to get my medication right, so I was pretty bed ridden and moving was torture, but luckily by the second day I was a little more mobile. It was kind of a sad thought to think that would be my last time in the hospital having a baby. There are so many blessing and treasured moments that come when I brand new baby enters your home. The other kids loved coming to visit Colton and hold him for the first time. We had a name list on the white board and the kids took their vote. Then they all wrote a note to Colton. Colton Randall Bowman...what a great name. I like the way it looks and sounds. How lucky I am to be a mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment