I took the kids, while Dave traveled to speak at EFY, to Horseshoe Lake to go camping with my mom and the Durfees. This is one of my favorite places to camp. We have so many memories of camping their. The kids just love to run around and explore in the forest, catch crawdads at the lake and get dirty. I actually had time to relax and read a book. It was great. Even Lydia was content to play in Nana's trailer or climb up on logs. Baylee was so brave and decided to set-up her own popup tent and sleep in it all by herself - she felt so big. I was so proud of Kami for not giving up on our steep hike up the mountain at Ditchcamp. We always find the fort that Amy, Melanie, Dallan, and I built when we were kids and it is still standing. We have a treasure hole in the rock that holds a penny for each year we visit it. On our way down the mountain it was pouring rain and Joycelyn was the hero who rescued the little kids by carrying them down.



1 comment:
Oh Nat! It looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you got to go. I never knew about the secret fort at ditch camp; what a fun tradition to add a penny =)
Post a Comment